**********************************THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER ACTIVE*********************************
This blog captured my summer adventures while an APM Intern at Google.
I have currently moved-on to full-time work in the start-up world and am writing my new Sprucing It Up blog instead.
Thank you for reading!
**********************************************************************************************************************

Search This Blog

Intern at Google by day; San Fransisco devotee by night.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Strolling Sundays in San Francisco Sity

"Sity!? Ugh!" I can hear all of my obsessive-compulsive friends cringing at the misspelling. Generally I would be convulsing over the choice as well, but perhaps because I had such a lovely weekend (or because engineering has finally managed to stamp out all grammar/literacy from my brain) ...it simply doesn't bother me at all. A lazy Sunday spent wandering the city has put me in an exceptionally good mood -- okay, okay: it may also be the inordinately large chocolate sundae I just consumed in Ghiradelli Square!
Stinking Rose review: if you love garlic, you won't go home upset. We got the pork ribs and gnocchi, which were both wonderful. They had a garlic ice cream dessert, which the skeptic in me couldn't quite order -- however, if anyone ends up going there, I'm curious to hear what you thought!

We also hit the Cobb's Comedy Club this past Friday. My review for this place is a thumbs-up for the club setting, atmosphere, and openers...and an extremely awkward turtle for the headliner. I'm sure he's regularly quite funny, but we found ourselves laughing most because the show was so unexpectedly lame. I kept thinking someone from Candid Camera was going to jump out and say, "Gotcha!" At least my friends made it fun, and we all had a good laugh about it afterwards.

Ok, enough blogging for now. Back to playing in the "sity." (Really, it's ok. Breathe. And eat a chocolate sundae. Or two.)

No comments:

Post a Comment