**********************************THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER ACTIVE*********************************
This blog captured my summer adventures while an APM Intern at Google.
I have currently moved-on to full-time work in the start-up world and am writing my new Sprucing It Up blog instead.
Thank you for reading!
**********************************************************************************************************************

Search This Blog

Intern at Google by day; San Fransisco devotee by night.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

If Nooglers are New Googlers, then Gayglers are...?

Gay Googlers!

Today I had an experience unlike any other: the biggest celebration of LGBT pride in the middle of San Francisco. It was...chaos. A truly combustive grouping of the most bizarre (and fabulous!) people I have seen to date. I am an engineer; I love counting. I saw:
  • 12 Starbucks along the parade route
  • At least 10 million sequins
  • 4.5 stark naked people strolling down the street (the 0.5 actually accounts for an entire cohort of topless women)
  • Hundreds of thousands of people joining together to sing a message of acceptance.




I was told that Alan Eustace, Googler's SVP of Engineering, is quite the dancer! I am proud to work at a company which can openly accept and celebrate diversity of the people on this earth. Now onto an impossible task: attempting to remove a fraction of the 10 million sequins which surreptitiously accumulated on my clothing over the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment