**********************************THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER ACTIVE*********************************
This blog captured my summer adventures while an APM Intern at Google.
I have currently moved-on to full-time work in the start-up world and am writing my new Sprucing It Up blog instead.
Thank you for reading!
**********************************************************************************************************************

Search This Blog

Intern at Google by day; San Fransisco devotee by night.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Googley Highs and Advice from Executives

You might think the excitement would stop there for the day, but you would be wrong. After filming this video clip, I found myself casually chatting with Google co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin. It was all luck really. I was hanging out with an intern friend of mine who is working on some cool research for Google. Many of the secret projects within Google get a fair amount of executive attention, and my friend's project is no exception. Thus, my friend and I were catching up this afternoon and suddenly Larry and Sergey stroll up together right next to us. It's a good thing their eyes were initially scanning the area for stuff about the project, because I think I saw them and my jaw literally dropped open. Honestly, they look and interact like a couple of overgrown college nerds who have been friends for years (surprise! This statement in-of-itself is factual... but people are still consistently surprised to hear it's true). After the initial shock wore off quickly, we proceeded to have a completely normal conversation with them -- well, I mostly listened since it was about the project. Yet it was one of the most surreal experiences I have had at Google to date. 

Tomorrow is my last day already. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment