**********************************THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER ACTIVE*********************************
This blog captured my summer adventures while an APM Intern at Google.
I have currently moved-on to full-time work in the start-up world and am writing my new Sprucing It Up blog instead.
Thank you for reading!
**********************************************************************************************************************

Search This Blog

Intern at Google by day; San Fransisco devotee by night.

Monday, May 24, 2010

La dolce vita. La dolce stil nuovo.

The idea of “blogging” actually makes me somewhat uncomfortable. It seems to be a step beyond the creep-echelon of facebook, to where I have decided to transparently expose my thoughts to (potentially) complete strangers. Right... let’s do it anyway.

I’ve created blogs for the previous two summers I spent with Qualcomm in San Diego and Microsoft in Redmond, but I think it’s time for a fresh twist. I plan to use this blog as a somewhat glorified Twitter (although, for the record, I actually consider Twitter a futile, waste of time). In the past, my blogs were written for the sole audience of my grandparents and namely focused on the people/places of my internship. This summer? A new venture: Video-blogging! This blog will likely consist of shorter updates and videos related to my endeavors as a Google APM intern, my devotion to San Francisco life, and a heap (oh yes, computer-pun-intended) of other bits (double pun, FTW) of my imagination.

I recently finished reading the book Eat. Pray. Love. by Elizabeth Gilbert, where I picked up two of my new favorite mantras: la dolce vita; la dolce stil nuovo. This translates to: the sweet life; the sweet new style. I can’t help but wonder that the combination of working at Google and living in San Francisco will fulfill this ideal.

Let the sweet life begin. Day one at Google starts tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Just don't be too harsh on those new roomies...we all know there is no comparison when it comes to that amazing Qualcomm roomie you had!

    ReplyDelete